New Photos


« I'm Bringing Sexy Back | Main | Cold Feet in the Himalayas »

December 20, 2006

Comments

Shawn

Sarah,

Your xml file located at: http://www.sarahlane.com/main/Podcast/rss.xml
only has the most 5 recent ones listed in the source code. If you go in there and add the other ones back in (copy and paste the code) and just change the titles and links to the episodes they should show up. Feedburner looks to this xml file to pull the feed and my best guess is that Itunes looks to Feedburner. If you add the other episodes into this XML file everything should filter down. Thanks for returning my email about what blogging software you use. I really appreciate it! I hope this helps.

Jimtac

Hi Sarah,

I've had the same issue before as well. iTunes has a support section where you can request that they "re-read" the feed. But it may more likely be something on Feedburner's end, since I tried your feed through the RSS client Vienna with the same result. Once I started using my .mac account to store my feed, and submitted to the iTunes directory it seemed to fix everything, though I wasn't able to track the downloads that way.

Libsyn is also another podcast service that a few of my podcasting friends use, and they have never had any trouble with, and have no problem with any of the large video files either, plus all of the tracking can be done through them as well.

I hope that helps somewhat,

Tim

Shawn

All Feedburner does is read the original xml file http://www.sarahlane.com/main/Podcast/rss.xml. Add the first six episodes back to that file and it will filter on through to everything. The XML file is easy to manually edit by simply cutting and pasting a few lines of code. It is basically html code. If you look at the source of your feedburner page you can see that it is getting the information from that xml file. Easy way to check is add one item to the xml file and then go to feedburner and have them update the feed and it should show up right away. I have the exact same setup with my podcast http://feeds.feedburner.com/RecoveryPodcast
I hope to see another podcast soon!

Jimtac

Thanks Shawn,

I wasn't aware of how Feedburner worked, as I have not used it's service before. I [incorrectly] assumed that it also hosted the XML file.

Tim

Shawn

Sarah,

One more thing. When I looked at the xml file I noticed it is generated by iWeb automatically. I have never used iWeb but it would seem there might be a setting in there somewhere to keep only the last five items. You might look around that software to see if you can change it so it keeps all items instead of just the last five. That way you wouldn't have to manually edit the xml file. On my podcast I simply edit the xml file myself and upload it since it only means adding a few lines of code for every item I add. I just copy the code from an existing item and change the particulars. This works well for me. Thanks again and I hope all of this helps in some way.

Ed

Try http://www.callforhelptv.com/callforhelp/interact/sendquestions.shtml

Pete the pigeon

http://feedvalidator.org

http://feedforall.com



The comments to this entry are closed.